I found this story about Afghan MP's who are against new draft laws banning violence against women because it violates Sharia law so I decided to tweet it yesterday to my followers and my new ‘feminists’ pal - @Vanbadham - and below is the delightful response I received.
@Vanbadham twitter profile summary says: ‘Van writes fiction, plays & films and works hard to make good theatre. Crazy about animals & loathing of injustice, she hates guns and loves children.’
So I gather the injustice the females in Afghanistan (and other Muslim nations) experience each and every day under Sharia law isn’t really an injustice according to @Vanbadham? Does @Vanbadham realise she has freedoms most of her Muslim sisters could only dream about having?
Is @Vanbadham also aware that she would be deemed an Islamophobe by the Islamists?
- Women who don’t want to be draped in black bags. (Islamic teaching)
- Females who want to keep their clitoris. (Islamic teaching)
- Artists (not quite as important). (Islamic teaching)
- Dog lovers. (Islamic teaching)
- Animal Rights activists and anyone else who is opposed to the cruel and unethical treatment of animals. (Islamic teaching)
- Feminists who believe that women should not be made subordinate to men by a religion which openly insists that females are the intellectual and legal inferior of males. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone else who objects to a religion in which a woman’s identity is defined by her relationship to a man. (Islamic teaching)
- Progressives who don’t believe that culture and moral values should be established by a state-sponsored religion. (Get past The Religion Barrier)