I’m not anti-Islam, I’m anti-Islamist and there’s a huge distinction. I don’t care whether my neighbour claimed there were thirty gods or no God, as long as the neighbour neither picked my pocket nor broke my arm.
Radical Islam, though, picks pockets and breaks arms and that’s why we must find a way to stop it.
The underlying problem with radical Islam is that it is both political and religious. It teaches that the two cannot be separated. The Islamists believe that man-made laws are inferior and must be replaced with “God-given” Islamic or sharia law and that all governments worldwide should be Islamic.
Coupled with the mandate that violence be wreaked upon all unbelievers until they capitulate to Islam’s yoke, radical Islam is anathema to individual liberty everywhere.
There is no doubt that there is an active campaign by Muslim radicals to destroy Western civilization from within – quietly, peacefully, even legally. They are working to destabilise Australia and ultimately replace the Australian Constitution with Islam sharia law. And this should bother every Australian.
And it’s already happening. They have brought about women-only classes and swimming times at public pools. Some public schools have been pulling pork from their menus. Women have been beaten, strangled, and killed by their husbands, brothers, or fathers for “dishonouring” their families.
It’s death by a thousand cuts, or sharia inch-by-inch as some refer to it, and most Australians have no idea this battle is being waged every day across Australia.
By not fighting back, by allowing certain radical Muslims to obfuscate what is really happening, and not insisting that the Islamist adapt to our culture, Australia is cutting its own throat with a politically correct knife and helping to further the Islamists’ agenda.
You see, the Islamists aren’t stupid. They are slowly creating a specialised victim status for themselves whereby any discussions of Islam, as well as their motives for Islamic supremacism, were quickly becoming no-go topics.
The Islamists have realised that they could further their radical agenda by playing upon Australia’s natural distaste for racism. They did it by creating a label that smacked of bigotry and which could be applied to anyone who called into question their true loyalties, motivations, religious texts, or ultimate end game – Islamophobia - and if you dare criticise Islam, you are immediately labelled as an Islamophobe.
Australia is doing nothing but ceding ground to the Islamists. It would rather be politically correct than victorious, and as long as it refuses to engage its enemy on every single front, Australia will never win.
For the majority of its adherents, Islam is a gentle religion. Moderate Muslims not only don’t want to commit acts of violence, they don’t want anyone else to either, especially not in the name of their religion. If it were up to the moderates, I’m sure they would gladly see the violent passages the radicals use to justify their actions torn-out from the Koran.
The majority of Muslims in Australia and around the world are moderate and peaceful. Islam brings comfort and provides a path for over a billion people on this planet. It is the source of goodness. Moderate Muslims want to live in harmony with their neighbours, regardless of what their beliefs are.
Non-Muslims want the moderate Muslims to reform Islam, but no one does anything to help them. Some of us (politicians) don’t seem to understand that the moderates who are brave enough to stand up are constantly drowned out by the Islamists who are more media savvy, better organised, and considerably better funded.
Most Muslims have a private spiritual life and are quite happy to live in a country where they can practice their faith freely and openly. But Islamists don’t want a ‘private spiritual life’ – they want a political system that makes faith a very public, state oriented system (Saudi Arabia/Iran). At first I didn’t get it but now I do. It’s all about politics, not religion. In the world of Islamic extremism there is no separation of mosque and state because their church is their state. Their religious leaders are their political leaders and those leaders are happy to give you a simple choice: Live under Islamic sharia rule or die.
I’ll end this post with the best interpretation I have read of what an Islamophobe really is and should anyone ever call you one, my advice is wear it as a badge of honour.
Now an “Islamophobe” is a non-Muslim who knows way more than they are supposed to know about Islam.
Islamophobia is a fear of losing life or liberty to Islamic rule merely because the laws, sacred texts, and traditional practices of Islam demand the submission of culture, politics, religion and all social expression. It tends to afflict those most familiar with the religion while sparing the more gullible.
Unlike Infidelophobia (Quranically-inspired hatred for non-Muslims), Islamophobia doesn't involve dead bodies, but rather bruised Muslim feelings, which - according to the teachings of the faith - are far more important than the lives of infidels.
In Muhammad's day, Islamophobia was treated with a practice known as beheading. Since this is now impractical outside of the Muslim world, the condition is best addressed by means of prevention. Such preventive measures include willful ignorance (best assisted with a strong dose of taqiyya).
The fact is that when Islam checks in, a lot of folks wind up checking out... permanently. Therefore Islamophobes are a pretty broad group.
- Hindus, Christians, and Jews who don’t want to be forced into a political system that treats them as third-class citizens. (Islamic teaching)
- Atheists who want the freedom to live openly and challenge religious orthodoxy in the public spherre. (Islamic teaching)
- Women who don’t want to be draped in black bags. (Islamic teaching)
- Heterosexual males who prefer not to see women draped in black bags. (Islamic teaching)
- Drinkers (this one's important). (Islamic teaching)
- Artists (not quite as important). (Islamic teaching)
- Historians who don’t want to see priceless manuscripts and books burned just because they disagree with the Quran.
- Homosexuals who don’t want to be beaten to death. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone else who believes that consenting adults should not be killed or tortured over sexual practices. (Islamic teaching)
- Dog lovers. (Islamic teaching).
- Animal Rights activists and anyone else who is opposed to the cruel and unethical treatment of animals. (Islamic teaching)
- Mothers who don’t want their daughters killed over a man’s “honor.” (Islamic teaching)
- Females who want to keep their clitoris. (Islamic teaching)
- Intellectuals who value freedom of conscience and public dissent. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone believing that the value of a person's life is not determined by their religious beliefs. (Islamic teaching)
- Feminists who believe that women should not be made subordinate to men by a religion which openly insists that females are the intellectual and legal inferior of males. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone else who objects to a religion in which a woman’s identity is defined by her relationship to a man. (Islamic teaching)
- The left-handed (Islamic teaching).
- Progressives who don’t believe that culture and moral values should be established by a state-sponsored religion. (Get past The Religion Barrier)
- Conservatives who believe in preserving the Western heritage responsible for the civil freedom, political liberty and economic success which has attracted the flood of immigrants from Muslim nations, where such values are conspicuously lacking. (Islamic teaching)
- Muslims who would like the freedom to leave Islam. (Islamic teaching)
And many more...
Andy is on holidays in a country that will probably never ever introduce a Carbon Dioxide Tax. He returns in early October 2012.