A top official in the federal Justice Department refused to rule out criminalizing speech that criticizes a religion, the religion in question obviously being Islam.
The two-minute, 21-second exchange worries those who believe American jurisprudence is knuckling under to the demands of Sharia or Islamic law, which forbids criticism of Islam and considers it blasphemy punishable by death.
Franks began his exchange with Perez with a simple question:
“Will you tell us here today simply that this Administration’s Department of Justice will never entertain or advance a proposal that criminalizes speech against any religion?”
Perez began his answer by questioning the context of the question, whereupon Franks said, “There is no context” and asked the same question.
“Again sir …” Perez replied, but Franks stopped him. “That’s not a hard question,” he said.
“Actually it is hard question ... when you make threats against someone ...” Perez said.
Franks: “I’m asking you here today, whereupon will you tell us here today — Will you tell us here today that this Department of Justice will never entertain or advance a proposal that criminalizes speech against any religion?”
Perez: “Again sir, if you have a proposal that you are considering, we will actively review that proposal …”
Franks: "OK, here’s my proposal. I’m asking you to answer a question, that’s my proposal. I’m proposing you answer this question ...”
Perez: “Again sir, if you give me the context of the question …”
Franks stopped Perez, and when another member of the subcommittee tried to butt in, Franks said he had asked the same question four times.
Franks said he was trying to get an answer to a “fairly basic question here. If the department of justice can't even answer whether they will entertain or advance a proposal that criminalizes speech against any religion, then it’s pretty late in the day.”
Why the Question
Franks' question comes at a time when Muslims are persuading American courts to consider Sharia law in making decisions, and prominent Muslim activists have said they want to criminalize criticism of Islam, which would also comport with the injunction of Sharia law that punishes such “insults” as blasphemy, the penalty for which is death.
According to the Islam Q&A website, “The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) becomes a kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed.” The website says such a “ruling is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah,” of the practice and law of Islam.
In October 2011, the Daily Caller reported that Perez and other officials from the Justice Department attended a meeting at George Washington University where an Egyptian-American lawyer suggested criminalising speech against Islam.
Now if dark forces in the US are prepared to consider the criminalisation of anyone who “dares” criticise Islam then you can safely assume progressives here in Australia will look to do the same. Heaven forbid if you were to question the religion of anyone of the thousands of illegal immigrants who turn up on our shores on a daily basis.
Should you happen to criticise Gillard’s border protection policies you are immediately labelled a “racist” or a “Xenophobe”.
If you criticise Islam, you are immediately labelled as an “Islamophobe”.
Now an “Islamophobe” is a non-Muslim who knows more than they are supposed to know about Islam.
Islamophobia is a fear of losing life or liberty to Islamic rule merely because the laws, sacred texts, and traditional practices of Islam demand the submission of culture, politics, religion and all social expression. It tends to afflict those most familiar with the religion while sparing the more gullible.
Unlike Infidelophobia (Quranically-inspired hatred for non-Muslims), Islamophobia doesn't involve dead bodies, but rather bruised Muslim feelings, which - according to the teachings of the faith - are far more important than the lives of infidels.
In Muhammad's day, Islamophobia was treated with a practice known as beheading. Since this is now impractical outside of the Muslim world, the condition is best addressed by means of prevention. Such preventive measures include willful ignorance (best assisted with a strong dose of taqiyya).
The fact is that when Islam checks in, a lot of folks wind up checking out... permanently. Therefore Islamophobes are a pretty broad group.
- Hindus, Christians, and Jews who don’t want to be forced into a political system that treats them as third-class citizens. (Islamic teaching)
- Atheists who want the freedom to live openly and challenge religious orthodoxy in the public spherre. (Islamic teaching)
- Women who don’t want to be draped in black bags. (Islamic teaching)
- Heterosexual males who prefer not to see women draped in black bags. (Islamic teaching)
- Drinkers (this one's important). (Islamic teaching)
- Artists (not quite as important). (Islamic teaching)
- Historians who don’t want to see priceless manuscripts and books burned just because they disagree with the Quran.
- Homosexuals who don’t want to be beaten to death. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone else who believes that consenting adults should not be killed or tortured over sexual practices. (Islamic teaching)
- Dog lovers. (Islamic teaching).
- Animal Rights activists and anyone else who is opposed to the cruel and unethical treatment of animals. (Islamic teaching)
- Mothers who don’t want their daughters killed over a man’s “honor.” (Islamic teaching)
- Females who want to keep their clitoris. (Islamic teaching)
- Intellectuals who value freedom of conscience and public dissent. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone believing that the value of a person's life is not determined by their religious beliefs. (Islamic teaching)
- Feminists who believe that women should not be made subordinate to men by a religion which openly insists that females are the intellectual and legal inferior of males. (Islamic teaching)
- Anyone else who objects to a religion in which a woman’s identity is defined by her relationship to a man. (Islamic teaching)
- The left-handed (Islamic teaching).
- Progressives who don’t believe that culture and moral values should be established by a state-sponsored religion. (Get past The Religion Barrier)
- Conservatives who believe in preserving the Western heritage responsible for the civil freedom, political liberty and economic success which has attracted the flood of immigrants from Muslim nations, where such values are conspicuously lacking. (Islamic teaching)
- Muslims who would like the freedom to leave Islam. (Islamic teaching)
And many more...
"Slay the unbelievers wherever ye find them..."
(The 'Holy' Qur'an, Verse 9:5)
Gee don’t Radical Islamists say the darnedest things…